Luxury Milly's Most Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Corona Virus ~ How Much Do We Know? Should We Be Worried?



I have been watching the news reports about this nasty killer virus and I must admit, I'm a tad scared. I  know that it says that prolonged body contact is needed to have a chance of contracting it but how much do they really know about these emerging diseases? Or more to the point, how do we know that our governments are not witholding vital information from us?

The Corona-virus can present itself like the common cold, as I understand. They are saying that it's "hard to catch" and "difficult to spread" but then look at HIV; they said the same of that! Taking all into consideration I've read that if you are unlucky enough to catch it, your odds are not good so when I get on the next flight and I see the usual Chinese travelers sitting there in their little medical mask, I promise not to laugh!

They are telling people not to panic and that's all very well but remember that there IS NO effective treatment or vaccine available yet and I don't intend to be complacent during my travels. I'd appreciate more information being made available to regular travelers. 

As I said, they are saying that, to catch it you need really close contact with an infected person, but I've done a little research and if the original source are bats, as thought, then surely it could be in the food chain? Apparently they can't find the route of infection yet but I know I'll be avidly watching the net.


Take a look here for the Infection control advise


My Precautions

  • Thorough and frequent hand washing with anti bacterial wash
  • Using clean towels for every client (I do this anyway)
  • Adding a few drops of tea tree and anti bacterial oil to my massage oil
  • To use medical latex gloves
  • Not to see clients who feel unwell in any way


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments in relation to my posts