Luxury Milly's Most Popular Posts

Saturday 14 June 2014

Preparing For Tonight's England Game ~ BBQ ~ Projector ~ Pimms ~ Friends ~ Cheering.....


The Flags are Up on the House and The Garden is Full of Bunting


It's time to start hoping we at least win our first game! It's really nice to drive along and see the houses decorated in red and white and the cars with their flashy St George flags. Us Brits do love an excuse to have a bit of a celebration and get behind our boys out in the Amazon heat.

Tonight is my turn to host the World Cup Get Together. We've got so many friends and family with small children that going to the pub to watch it when the kick off is so late really isn't an option so what we decided is for people to 'host' in their garden, weather permitting and that way we can all enjoy the build up and the children will be safe, mum's and dad's able to have a drink and all enjoy the game that will be projected on a big screen. Perfect!



Even my neighbours have an invite but I'm not sure that Mr and Mrs Grumpy across the Close will turn up but at least they won't be able to complain when we're cheering loudly.... ha  ha  ha (one can hope)

So, time to get to the supermarket I guess to prepare my "Jamie" style food and buy the bottles of Pimms. The guys are bringing the beers and I'm supplying the ice....

Where ever you are watching the match  E N J O Y!



My Prediction is 2-1 to England Tonight!



Well, I got the score right. just the wrong way round! Really had a great night and the first two goals were fab. next England game is Thursday.....Where Will You Be?

Well.....what can I say? England played with their usual hunger to win...N O T! The games have been good (for the other sides) but for me, it's all about the final now. Lot's of my friends have gone away now and to be honest, I think that lots of women are somewhat relieved that they have their husbands back....

Until 2018 then my lovelies!




Now For The Important Games Ahead


My excitement is for the new season at The Emirates starting shortly. My family have been Arsenal supporters since the beginning of time, and I don't mean arm chair fans;  our season tickets are enjoyed and loved by my children who take turns in going and although I have reservations about how it's become more of a corporate day out than a family affair, I will always get that thrilling feeling in the pit of my stomach when I get to the ground and hear the fans chanting and I think I will probably still enjoy it when I'm old and grey...

Milly The Goonerette xx



My best day Out This Year At The Cup Final







Yes, London Is Definitely Red And White!


(Armchair fan!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments in relation to my posts