Luxury Milly's Most Popular Posts

Sunday 20 July 2014

The South East Of The UK Was Well And Truly Pelted



We took this last night, 18th July 2014


We've spent the last week preparing for a surprise birthday party in my lovely garden for my imaginary lodger..... only joking.... it was for my son and his friends as an end of term celebration before they all go off travelling or to Uni in October. We planned to get my son's friend, who does DJ ing, to set up his sound system at the end of the decking, plus the neighbours were all pre warned (and invited) then after the soaring temperatures yesterday it all went a little weird around 10pm last night...









Due to the heat of the day, all of mine, and my neighbours windows were wide open and I was lying down, sprawled on my king-size, scantily clad when I heard our garden wind chimes clanging rather loudly so I looked out of the window and saw the most amazing coloured swirls of clouds, trees waving all over the place and distant flashes of lightening across the sky. Within thirty minutes the wind had risen considerably, the thunder was the loudest I had ever heard, my dogs were going crazy, the sky was bright with lightening and then the real rain started! The hail stones were so powerful that I could hear car alarms going off all over the village! I have honestly never seen anything like it!




The storm died down a little, however, it kept me awake 'till around 4am, which wasn't fantastic considering I had to get up at 7 but we took some great footage and who knows if we'll ever see nature at it's best like that again?



Had a fabulous day today with zero rain, great food, dancingfun and frolics


Milly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments in relation to my posts